Addax Petroleum is a subsidiary of the Sinopec Group, one of the largest oil and gas producers in China,
the biggest oil refiner in Asia and the second largest worldwide by capacity.
Addax Petroleum was founded in 1994 upon leading petroleum industry expertise and a deep-rooted
understanding and respect for African cultures. Over the years, Addax Petroleum has evolved from a young
pioneer into an established international oil and gas exploration and production company focused on Africa, the
Middle East, and the North Sea.
The Company’s average daily oil production for 2018 was approximately 110,000 bbl/d. Addax Petroleum has a
high-quality asset base consisting of a number of onshore and offshore exploration, development and producing
fields in Nigeria, Gabon, Cameroon, the Kurdistan Region of Iraq and the UK North Sea. Addax Petroleum has
operating offices in Lagos and Abuja (Nigeria), Port-Gentil (Gabon) and Douala (Cameroon).
Electrical Team Leader
Work Location Douala, Cameroon
Work Schedule 21/21
Reports to Head of Offshore Maintenance
The Electrical Team Leader is responsible and accountable to lead the electrical workgroup in safety,
installation and maintenance of all electrical and electronic equipment in the entire Mokoko Abana and
Iroko fields. He/she supports Facilities and Process Engineering projects.
Key Accountabilities/Result Area
• Implement electrical safety Standards.
• Ensure Team members meet up with HSS&E training needs.
• Recognize the potentials/capabilities of individual team members in daily assignments to enhance
team safety and performance.
• Promptly report any oil or chemical spills and take appropriate action to contain them.
• Ensure strict implementation of PTW/SWP and JHA.
• Prioritize and coordinate electrical activities to achieve maximum production rates and meet targets.
• Work with Platform Supervision to accurately prioritize all preventative and corrective action work
• Assist in monitoring the technical performance of electrical assets against agreed indicators.
• Participate in Engineering facilities reviews.
• Prioritize electrical work request of equipment needing preventive of reactive maintenance to prevent
any impact to the environment.
• Work with the maintenance team to maintain electrical and instrumentation associated with
mechanical equipment to consistently improve runtime.
• Ensure all preventive maintenance schedules are carried out according to laid down procedure.
• Identify electrical staff training and needed resources.
• Ensure MOPO application within the group.
• Facilitate Tailgate meetings.
• Complete all electrical projects on daily basis using the utmost safety procedures.
Spare Parts and Stock Management:
• Maintain an adequate inventory of electrical stock to prevent Downtime.
• Keep auditable maintenance records for all equipment in the electrical department.
The incumbent may perform other related duties as assigned.
Interface & Dimensions
Internal and External Interfaces:
• All Offshore Technicians.
• All Offshore Discipline Team Leader.
• Offshore Line Supervisors.
• Supply Chain Management.
• Onshore Facilities Engineering Team.
• Installation, Asset and Integrity Team.
• Third Party Engineering.
• Direct Reports: 04 team’s members (employees/contractors).
• 02 process platforms and 10 outlying platforms including:
o 80 Electric motors ranging from 1/3-300 HP, total of 4702HP;
o 30 Central and window type air conditioning units;
o 10 Turbine Generators totaling 13MW
o 16 Caterpillar Generators totaling 6MW
o 84 Nav-aid and Fog horns;
o 13 Motor control centers (MCC) and switchgears;
o 13 Turbines (controls);
o 90 Gas/smoke / UV detectors units;
o 01 SCADA system;
o 01 Pride system;
o 01 Direct Fired Heater;
o 18 ESP’s;
o 06 Fast Rescue Boats;
o 05 De-watering units;
o 08 Main/Temporary living accommodations.
• Operates and maintain ageing equipment (34 years) to meet production targets and safeguard its
• Operates in multi-cultural environment.
• Relieves Operations or Maintenance supervisor when required.
• May be required to exceed the normal working hours.
• May require some work pressure to deliver equipment on time.
Experience/Competence & Requirements
• HND or any equivalent diploma preferably in electrical engineering.
• Electrical Technician with proven top performance records with 5 – 10 years’ experience.
• Extensive knowledge of oilfield process operations and maintenance.
• Ability to speak and write English.
• Promote staff/contractor awareness of safety, health and environmental issues
• Good computer knowledge in Microsoft word, excel, power point and internet explorer.
• Possesses HUET or BOSIET, IMIST Certification
Interested candidates are invited to forward their updated CVs to the following email address: ApccRecruitment@cm.addaxpetroleum.com on or before the March 8th, 2021
NB. The email subject should read: Application for Electrical Team Leader.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
The U. S. Embassy in Yaoundé is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Appliance Repair Technician (FSN-05 / FP-09)....Apply For This Job